Search For Genealogy Records In Our Archives!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday



Now that the holidays are over I am going to focus more on my family tree. I am going to go through my family history book and see what documents I am missing… birth, death, marriage certificates, obituaries, etc.
The one particular person who is driving me crazy is my great great grandfather Mathis Knaus. I have bogged about him before see link http://tracingdescendants-blog.blogspot.com/2009/11/madness-monday.html
I do not have a death date just an idea of when he died. I sent away what information I have on him to the N.J archives hopefully they will find a death record on him.

He is number one on my list.

Photo from " A Retrospect Of The Catholic Church Of St. John The Baptist, New Brunswick As A Souvenir Of The 60th Anniversary Of The Founding Of The Parish" 1865-1925
Mathias is #4

1 comment:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

The Gentlemen of the Building Committee of the School. A real treasure. I would just love to know the story of each of them... Dapper gentlemen. Best wishes on your search.

Keep these ancestor stories coming!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"